ReTransfer printers, commonly referred to as Over-The-Edge, Reverse Transfer, or HDP (High Definition Printer), have the capability to print over the entire surface of the PVC card. Moreover, Retransfer printers adhere the ribbon (image and data) to a separate film that is then adhered to the surface of the card. This means that the printer’s head will never touch the ID card directly.
The advantages of a ReTransfer printer are a better looking card, a lifetime warranty on the expensive print head, and the ability to add on additional modules as needed.
ReTransfer printers are best for high-volume, high-quality, enterprises and are most likely to be found in airports, universities and government agencies.
- Detachable, and anytime-refillable hopper
- Intuitive, and flexible function LCD panel
- Removable and water-washable cleaning roller
- Security locks on hopper & front door
- Kensington lock
- Environmentally-friendly compactness of design